Want to know the World’s Richest Cricketers & their Net Worth? Get an updated list of the Top 10 Richest Cricketers in the World and their Net Worth in 2023.
When you work hard then receiving a good outcome is not only expected but also given, and this statement has never been truer when it comes to some athletes. Athletes are often looked at as inspirations for many people to keep moving forward as they are a prime example of how blood, sweet, and tears turn into shiny medals and higher status over time. Thus, with this new year, Fun88 brings to you some inspiring athletes in the cricket world who have made their name and not are known as some of the world’s richest cricketers, not only in net worth but also in skills and talent!
|USD Net Worth ($)
|INR Net Worth (₹)
|Sachin Tendulkar (India)
|Mahendra Singh Dhoni (India)
|Virat Kohli (India)
|Ricky Ponting (Australia)
|Brian Lara (West Indies)
|Shane Watson (Australia)
|Ellyse Perry (Australia)
|Mithali Raj (India)
|Smriti Mandhana (India)
|Meg Lanning (Australia)
1. Sachin Tendulkar – $170 million
First on the list we have the ‘God of Cricket’ Sachin Tendulkar. Although a retired male cricket player now, this name is one of those that many upcoming new generations in cricket will always remember. Sachin Tendulkar is known to be the greatest worldcup best batsman in the history of cricket but has now retired from playing cricket since 2013, professionally.
- Sachin Tendulkar’s net worth is estimated to be about $170 million as of 2023, in India this amounts to ₹13,86,59,65,000!
- Even through his retirement, Sachin Tendulkar has manages to earn a spot in the top 10 world’s richest cricketers consecutively by indulging in brand ambassadorship, sponsorship, and other partnership deals.
2. Mahendra Singh Dhoni – $125 Million
Next on the list we have another top male player from the Indian cricket team as the second world’s richest cricketer and that is Mahendra Singh Dhoni. M.S. Dhoni was one of the most famous cricket captains who carried the Indian team to win many tournaments. He is also the current captain of the Chennai Super Kings team in the Indian Premier League.
- Mahendra Singh Dhoni, as of today, has a net worth of up to $125 which translates to about ₹10,20,33,50,000.
- Because of his leadership, the Indian team has managed to win many tournaments, thus giving him many sponsorship deals which added to his net worth.
3. Virat Kohli – $122 Million
Another famous male Indian captain and one of the world’s richest cricketers in India, is Virat Kohli. Virat was the former captain of India and current captain of the Royal Challengers Bangalore team in the Indian Premier League. His sportsmanship as well as leadership made the Indian team one of the strongest cricket teams in the world since the previous decade.
- Virat Kohli’s net worth as of 2023 is about $122 which is ₹9,95,84,69,600 in Indian terms which increases every year. Since he is still in the game it is worth playing Fun88 cricket betting to bet on all Indian team matches.
- Thanks to his handsomeness, he has managed to bag many deal and sponsor offers which adds to his net worth and additionally also managed to create his own brand which adds to his net worth.
4. Ricky Ponting – $70 million
One of the most passionate players from the Australian team is Ricky Ponting who is a retired Australian player. Ricky Ponting has managed to take the 4th place in being one of the world’s richest cricketers. As of now he indulges in many brand deals as well as is a cricket trainer and commentator.
- Ricky Ponting’s net worth in 2023 is $70 Million which makes him the 4th richest cricketer in the world.
- His net worth in India terms is ₹5,71,44,01,000, which builds up on sponsorship deals and his expertized training and commentating with an additional income from the wine business he owns.
5. Brian Lara – $60 Million
Next on the list we have the male cricketer Brian Lara, who also completes the list of the top 5 world’s richest cricketers by taking the 5th spot. Brian Lara played cricket for West Indies and has also been acknowledged as one of the best batsmen of all time. What is even cooler is that before Sachin Tendulkar, Brian Lara held the title of scoring more runs in cricket history.
- Brian Lara’s met worth sums up to $60 million dollars as of 2023, which is about ₹4,89,80,58,000 in India.
- Being one of the best all-rounder’s in the cricket world, he has managed to bag many sponsorship deals and commentator jobs after his retirement from all international cricket series.
6. Shane Watson – $40 Million
Shane Watson was known to be a supreme superstar cricketer in Australia’s team in many tournaments and world cup contests that he played. Although he recently retired in the year 2020, Watson has many promotional deals as well as personal businesses that makes him one of the world’s richest cricketers.
- Shane Watson has the net worth of $40 million dollars making him the 10th richest cricket players in the top 10 list of rich male players.
- In Indian terms, his net worth sums up to ₹3,26,53,72,000, and this comes from many brand endorsements and his sports career, especially since he plays for the Rajasthan Royals team in the Indian Premier League.
7. Ellyse Perry – $10 Million
While there are many male cricket players who are known to be rich, let us look at some prominent rich female players, starting off with Ellyse Perry. This Australian player is one of the best batswomen in cricket who makes sure to score the best scores she can before leaving the pitch in every game she plays. Ellyse Perry is one of the leading cricket players in the sports world.
- Ellyse Perry’s net worth in 2023 is about $10 million which is about ₹81,63,43,000 in Indian terms
- Her net worth builds up on her sports career as well as all the sponsorship and advertisement deals she indulges in. To bet on women’s cricket matches, make sure to use the best online betting sportsbook which is Fun88 sports.
8. Mithali Raj – $4.9 Million
One of the most loved players in the cricket world in India is also one of the world’s richest cricketers among the female players and that is Mithali Raj. She is amongst the top 5 famous and world’s richest female Indian players as of 2023. Mithali Raj is known for her batting skills and also being one of the best batsmen in the cricket world.
- Mithali Raj’s net worth today is $4.9 million and in Indian terms it roughly sums up to ₹40,00,08,070.
- Being the former captain of the Indian team, she has gained popularity as well as indulged in many sponsorship and brand deals.
9. Smriti Mandhana – $3.5 Million
Another talented female cricket player from the Indian team is Smriti Mandhana who has managed to score more than 500 runs over her career. Being India’s opening batswoman, she is comes under the top 5 richest female cricket players in the world. To place accurate bets on some of the best women’s cricket matches online at Fun88, check out our online cricket betting free tips article.
- Her net worth sums up to about $3.5 million and in Indian rupees it sums up to ₹28,57,20,050 as of 2023.
- She has managed to increase her net worth yearly by signing many sponsorship deals her latest one being with Herbalife Nutrition India.
10. Meg Lanning – $3 Million
They say that the sports world does not pay its women players equally and the difference can indeed be seen in large amounts, but last on the list we have Meg Lanning who is one of the highest paid female players in the cricket sports. She too belongs to the Australian team and is one of the most skilled players when it comes to her gameplay.
- Her net worth is roughly about $3 million dollars which is about ₹24,49,02,900 in India.
- Meg Lanning is one of the best female players who has managed to hold the record for hitting centuries and also participating in other sports, which often manage to get her many sponsorship deals.
This was all about the top 10 world’s richest cricketers. However, this list is always changing with each year as there are many young talented cricketers making their name in the cricket world every single day! Most of the players on the list either have side businesses or are ambassadors of prominent brand deals across the globe but it is important to note that all the money they earn does not really come easily but through persistence and hard work in improving their skills in many ways everyday.